Ford India Pvt. Ltd. is a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, the world's second largest automaker. Started in 1995, Ford India Ltd. is headquartered in Maraimalai Nagar, near Chennai. Its commitment to India is reflected in its present investment of Rs.1700 crore. A large workforce, of over six hundred highly skilled personnel, has been employed at Ford and has been intensively trained at Ford facilities, both in India and Overseas.
- The first Indian built Ford Escort rolled off the assembly line in 1996.
- The Company was able to deliver Ford Escorts in seven major cities simultaneously, in just a month after booking.
- The Special Value Pack program was launched in 1997, with commemorative 'Freedom', followed by the petrol and diesel driven 'Anniversary'. Recent SVPs have included the Orion, Alpha and Sport - E.
- Ford Escort won the J D Power Award in India Quality Survey in 1997.
- Ford topped the Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) ratings in 1997 and 1998, in the Customer Satisfaction Survey.
- QualityCare, Ford's branded service initiative, provides car owners with superior services at its dealership countrywide.
- The new, integrated manufacturing plant was dedicated in March 1999, where FORD IKON is manufactured.
- Ford India launched Ford Assured on April 24 2000, a new initiative to buy and sell used cars of all makes.